- We have had a wonderful few weeks since graduation and end of the school year. It's been relaxing and carefree. Unfortunately, it's time to buckle down and get back in routine and on schedule. We all function so much better!
- We enjoyed a very nice, long weekend at the lake over Memorial weekend. We spent the entire time in swimsuits and pajamas. Tons of family time and great fun with friends. I just love the summer!
- Eczema is back in full force. Addi is incredibly itchy and dealing with horrible rashes covering her torso, face and upper thighs. We think it is a combination if fragrant laundry detergent, sunscreen and prolonged water exposure at the lake. Once it flares, it is so hard to get back under control. Poor girl, her skin has been so great until this.
- Speaking of my sweet girl, she is having her tonsils and adenoids removed on Friday. She has very large tonsils, causing sleep apnea. She constantly sounds like she has marbles in her throat. Prayers are much appreciated: both for the drama queen and her over-protective, dramatic mama.
- On a positive note, I think it is safe to say that Hutt is completely potty trained! It has finally clicked. He has been wearing underwear during the day for a couple of months now. We've been having problems with him going poo in the potty though. At the lake this past weekend, he suddenly decided he likes the idea of using the potty in private (with one of us watching through the door crack, of course) and then having us clean him up. Cue the hallelujah chorus! He only wears a diaper at night time and rarely wets it!
- We've gotten off schedule with Hutt's speech therapy. We have an appointment for next Monday. Despite not having therapy, he has improved by leaps and bounds in the communication department. He can tell you exactly what he wants or needs and uses sentences to do it. He has the cutest phrases and ways of saying things. I need to do a post just for that.
- When I tell him I love him at bedtime, he says 'wub yoouu! wub you more!' then we go back and forth with love/wub you more/most (as seen on tangled). He's just the sweetest boy!
- Addi has really taken a lot of pride in her manners and obedience lately. She just beams when she knows she has answered politely or was quick to obey. And she loves for us to acknowledge it. She's growing up so quickly. She loves the story of Jonah and the whale in the Bible. We've had many discussions about disobedience. I love to see her taking them to heart and practicing what she has learned!
Since school is out, we are looking for fun, inexpensive (because, duh, outings add up) activities to do. Addi's request for this week is a trip to the library. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that we don't currently possess a library card. Actually, I don't even know if libraries use cards anymore?! We'll plan to find out this week!
Hopefully some more thought-filled posts will make it onto the blog this week!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone