Friday, October 26, 2012

For the tough times....


a self pep talk.





Most days, I have high expectations. I plan on being super productive: cleaning, doing laundry, cooking dinner, running errands. Maybe writing and creating and spending quality craft/learning time with the kids. I plan for lots of laughs, hugs, kisses, snuggles and 'i love you's. 


Sometimes, my day meets my expectations. Other days? not.so.much.


Some days, the kids wake up super early. grumpy. They whine and cry. fight like cats and dogs. nothing is right or acceptable. I may stump my toe 5693489 times before 10am on trucks and dolls strewn everywhere.  I spend more time correcting the kids than loving on them. These moments may last all day or for 5 minutes. And I don't like these times, not one bit. 


Some moments are just hard. tough. Nothing goes as planned. Everyone is in a bad mood. We may not feel 100%. 


In these moments, I need to work on staying positive and thankful, even when I'm disappointed, stressed, irritated. Why? Because there are so many people who would give anything to be in that very position. surrounded by their healthy kids, toys and laundry and a house that needs to be cleaned. Even when it's not perfect....it's still wonderful. a blessing to have these two munchkins running around, a house to clean, laundry to do. 


And these not ideal moments? They are so far outweighed by the good times, the snuggles, the laughs, the kisses and hugs. I shouldn't let them bring me down.


And some snapshots of the fun, sweet times. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment