Friday, November 16, 2012

random holiday thoughts.

Thanksgiving is in less than a week! I'm in an excited panic mode. See, we're hosting nearly 40ish people for the big day. My house needs to be deep cleaned in a BAD way. Food has to be prepared. We get to have most of our very favorite people in our house, celebrating all of the reasons we have to be thankful. Because, honestly, there are tons and tons of reasons to be thankful. 


In the midst of Thanksgiving prep, I am fighting the urge to bring out bits of my Christmas decor. I don't want to go full fledged into Christmas decorating mode before Thanksgiving because I don't want to feel like we're having Christmas twice. BUT....I'm writing this drinking Peppermint Mocha coffee and listening to Pandora's Christmas station. I am ready. I absolutely love Christmas. Positively, it's my favorite time of the year! 


Decorations are planned. I'm in search of a neat little Advent calendar for the kiddos. We're shifting our focus this Christmas season. It's going to be much less about what we get, even less about the gifts we give to our families. I want to focus on giving to those who truly need it. who go without, and sharing the true meaning of Christmas. Because....honestly, if Christ hadn't been born, lived, died and risen again, all else is lost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment